- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 ounces butter or 2 ounces margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup strong hot black coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, sift together flour, salt and 2 tabsp cocoa.
- Add sugar.
- Stir in milk, melted butter, vanilla mixing until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 3 pint ovenproof dish.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining 2 tabsp cocoa, sprinkle over the pudding mixture.
- Next, carefully pour hot black coffee over mixture in dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven for approximately 50 minutes.
- Serve with cream.