Bill's Banana Caramel Self-saucing Pudding
We have a great chef in Sydney named Bill Granger. This is his recipe for a hot flavourful pudding. Delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 85 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup syrup or 1/4 cup treacle
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar, baking powder into bowl.
- Add banana, milk, butter, egg, vanilla extract.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into 2.5 litre baking dish.
- To make the topping, place brown sugar, suryp, water in small pot.
- Bring to the boil.
- Pour mixture careflly over the pudding.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
On our side of the world this is called a self saucing pudding. There are many different flavours and is simple to make. The beauty of this recipe is you make the cake batter and put into a baking bowl. You then mix the liquid part as instructed and pour on top of your batter. No need to microwave the liquid then pour on top of the batter. This will affect the way this cooks and the end result. To make it simple boil a jug of water, mix required amount with sugar and syrup and pour on top of the cake mix. Put in the oven to bake. I have often made chocolate self saucing pudding as it is simple and can be made quickly with no fuss