Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Just throw this all together, go to work, come home and dinner is served. We serve this soup with "Rogene's French Bread With Chilies"
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 12 ounces sausage (I use low fat)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with onion and green pepper, and celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- Brown turkey burger and sausage together. Drain.
- Dump all ingredients into the crock pot, stir and walk away.
- Either cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6.
- Garnish with fresh onion, fresh diced tomato and cheese.
This is a knock-your-socks off recipe!! Wonderful flavour - we loved it! I followed the recipe exactly, using turkey sausage. I served with garlic toast. Then... the next day, I reduced the soup a little bit to make it even thicker & served over angel hair pasta - I think that was even better than the soup - YUMMY!!
Really delicious soup. I did not have any celery seeds so I chopped up a celery rib, used hot turkey Italian sausage, and added: about 3/4 can of red kidney beans, a pkg. of frozen spinach, a diced zucchini, yellow squash and a handful of macaroni (in the last hour). YUMMMMMM! This soup is definitely a keeper! Thanks so much for sharing!
This was really good and sooooooo easy. I'll definitely make this one again and maybe even add some other vegetables next time - always trying to find ways to sneak more veggies in our diet. Thanks Hill Family for a great recipe!