Just throw this all together, go to work, come home and dinner is served. We serve this soup with "Rogene's French Bread With Chilies"
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 12 ounces sausage (I use low fat)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with onion and green pepper, and celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- Brown turkey burger and sausage together. Drain.
- Dump all ingredients into the crock pot, stir and walk away.
- Either cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6.
- Garnish with fresh onion, fresh diced tomato and cheese.