Crock Pot Mexi-Meatball Rice Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 16 ounces cooked frozen meatballs (beef) or 16 ounces turkey meatballs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream, garnish (optional)
- shredded cheese, garnish (optional)
- Chop onions and cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook for 4 hours on High or cook for 8-9 hours on Low.
- Ladle soup in bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
Join The Conversation
Probably the best soup I have ever made, I was ready to lick the bowl! I only used one can of Rotel, added extra chicken stock and cilantro with homemade meatballs. I added 1 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1 cup each of zucchini, carrots and celery, and 1 can of rinsed black beans. I substituted orzo for the rice, and boiled it separately then added when the soup was done. The only thing I would do differently next time is add the black beans near the end with the orzo. The shredded cheese and sour cream are an absolute must! Thank you, thank you for sharing a delicious recipe!