Recipe by Kat's Mom
Chicken & Biscuits is a traditional southern comfort food. From the Southern Cooking cookbook. For my Chef #491835.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, sliced & drained
- 19 3⁄4 ounces bob evans frozen buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine chicken, potato, onion, mushrooms, carrots, celery, broth, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in peas and pimientos; return to a boil.
- Transfer chicken mixture to 2-quart casserole dish; arrange frozen biscuits on top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers.