Recipe by ugogirl
Now that the colder weather is here, it's a perfect time for a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs, one pot meal like this delicious stew. Sometimes I have used lean ground beef in place of the stew meat in a pinch. Serve with a crusty bread or warm rolls for a complete dinner.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 907.18 g lean stewing beef, cubed
- 78.07 ml flour or 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder or 2.46 ml fresh minced garlic
- 2.46 ml marjoram leaves
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 453.59 g can tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 297.66 g can condensed beef broth
- 473.18 ml cubed potatoes
- 236.59 ml sliced celery
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven.
- Brown beef.
- Add flour, salt, garlic powder, marjoram and pepper.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and beef broth, mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover, place in oven and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir twice during baking.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.