Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe was given to me by a French lady that I worked with some time ago, I have been making this recipe ever since, it is one of my husband's favourite meals, I alway's serve it with veggies and a side order of salad.....a wondeful meal!(note: this recipe makes two pies, if desired, this pie freezes great, so pop one in the freezer for another meal)
Top Review by Kay D.
I liked this pie, but there just seemed to be something missing. I'll be making it again, but leaving out the celery to encourage the picky youth to eat it, and I'm not sure with what yet, but it needs spicing up.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 2 double crust pie crusts (9-in, my butter pie crust recipe posted on Zaar works great #66929)
- 1 tablespoon cream, for brushing pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 9-in pie plates with pastry.
- In a skillet, cook first 5 ingredients over med heat until meat is no longer pink, and veggies are tender; drain, remove from heat.
- Stir in potatoes, broth and seasonings.
- Line two pie plates with pastry.
- Divide meat mixture between crusts.
- Top with remaining pastry; trim, seal and flute edges.
- Cut slits on top.
- Brush crusts with cream if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 mins, or until crust is golden brown.