Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped onions
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart milk
- salt and black pepper
- 5 -6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) packagerefrigerator biscuits
- Cook sausage and onions in a skillet until sausage is done.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine milk, Worcestershire sauce, and salt/pepper (to taste); set aside.
- When sausage/onion mixture is done,remove and drain excess grease.
- Return sausage/onion mixture back to skillet.
- Over medium/low heat, gradually add flour.
- Turn to coat sausage and cook until golden (approx).
- Return heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in milk/seasoning mixture.
- Cook until gravy reaches desired thickness (stirring frequently).
- Cook biscuits according to package directions.
- Serve gravy over biscuits split in half.
Not only is this recipe easy, but it tastes great. The gravy has excellent consistency and good flavor because of the worcestershire sauce. I would recommend this recipe to anyone who enjoys a good, hot breakfast! You won't be disappointed.
Excellent recipe! The result rivals the best restuarant biscuits and gravy. I added a few dashes of Tabasco but other than that, I stuck to the recipe exactly. Really, really, really good, and I was raised in the midwest on biscuits and gravy! Thanks Kelly
Love it! Didn't have Worcestershire sauce, and only had Spicy Caribou pork sausage, and it turned out great! I made it for my husband for the morning(he wakes up at 5 am) so a plate of this will be sitting there with biscuits just to pop in the microwave and eat:-) Hope he loves it as much as i do! thanks! great recipe!