Peppered Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
This recipe I found from the Pillsbury site. I made a few changes and it was a hit with my hubby and friends at the lake. Alittle different from most breakfast gravies I have noticed.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb jimmy dean mild sausage (any pork sausage)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 (12 ounce) can pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Bake biscuits according to directions on can.
- In a large skillet, fry crumbled up sausage til done and no longer pinkish.
- Drain sausage, (do not wipe pan clean) add sausage back into pan.
- Add 2 teaspoons minced garlic and simmer on low heat while making the gravy.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat melt butter and add flour, pepper, seasoning salt and basil.
- Slowly add can chicken broth and half and half.
- Bring to a boil while stirring to thicken gravy.
- Add sausage to gravy mixture.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over biscuits.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Served with a couple of eggs scrambled. We have been raving all day about this great meal. I am sure if one is ambitious enough homemade biscuits would make it better, however the convenience and the time saved by using refrigerated biscuits should not be overlooked as the gravy is what makes this recipe a winner. Thank You !!