5 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A complete winner from Donna Hay. You'll need an 8" springform pan. Prep time includes cool time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups finely ground shortbread cookies (use food processer) or 3 1/2 cups ginger snaps (use food processer)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (almond meal adds crunch)
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (can use Karo)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (table salt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (vanilla bean seeds would be great)
- parchment paper
For the Whipped Topping
- 1To Make the Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line the bottom of the 8" springform pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease bottom (parchment) and sides. In a bowl combine the ground cookies, ground almonds (almond meal) and the melted butter. Stir to thoroughly combine. Firmly press the cookie mixture into the base and sides of the prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Place the ricotta and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 5-6 minutes or until smooth. Add the sugar and beat for 3-4 minutes or until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the golden syrup, salt and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and beat until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the biscuit shell.
- 3Place the springform pan in a baking dish and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the pan. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove cheesecake from the baking dish and allow to cool in the tin. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- 4To Make The Caramel Sauce: Place the cream, butter and sugar in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to high, bring to the boil and cook for 5-7 minutes or until thickened and becomes the color of caramel. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- 5To Make The Whipped Topping: Place the cream, sour cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Top the cheesecake with the cream, drizzle with the caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt flakes to serve.
- 6To Assemble: Serve topped with sweetened whipped cream and drizzled wtih caramel sauce.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted Caramel and Vanilla Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1023.2
- Calories from Fat 715
- Total Fat 79.5 g
- Saturated Fat 46.1 g
- Cholesterol 331.4 mg
- Sodium 579.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 59.3 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: