Holiday Brandy Alexander Cheesecake
photo by CIndytc
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 (10 ounce) box chocolate-flavored bear-shaped graham crackers, crushed (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons brandy, divided
- 4 tablespoons Creme de Cacao, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, at room temperature
- blackberry, currants, raspberries, strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Stir together crushed graham crackers, butter, and 1 T. sugar. Press mixture on bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Freeze 10 minutes.
- 2. Beat cream cheese, 1 1/4 cup sugar, and cornstarch at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until yellow disappears after each addition. Add 3 T. brandy and 3 T creme de cacao, and beat just until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- 3. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or just until center is almost set.
- 4. Duriing last 2 minutes of baking, stir together sour cream and remaing 1 T. sugar, 1 T. brandy and 1 T. creme de cacao.
- 5. Spread sour cream mixture over cheesecake. Bake at 325 degrees for 8 more minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife along outer edge of cheesecake, and cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 1/2 hours). Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 6. Remove sides of springform pan, and place cheesecake on a serving plate. Garnish, if desired.
- *Coffee liqueur may be substituted such as Kahlua instead of Creme de Cacoa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!