Ricotta Cream Cheese Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Wrap the outside bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with foil to prevent water seeping in while baking.
- Cream together ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing well.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a 10 inch springform pan.
- Place cheesecake in a large rectangular pan filled with 2 inches of hot water.
- Carefully put into preheated oven without spilling water.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes turn oven off, but leave the cake in the oven for another 60 minutes (do not open door).
- Cool on counter for 60 minutes and then refrigerate.
- Serve when thoroughly chilled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mommy of two wonderful little boys. My oldest is "the devil" Matthew 8yrs old (Aug 98) and my "little monster" is Adam, 3yr(Aug2003). I work as a Facility Administrator, which pretty much means, anything that needs to be done "ask Vicki, she'll do it". From watering the lawn, replacing lite bulbs in the washrooms, to processing payroll and handling employee complaints. It keeps me very busy and stressed :). I'm on marriage no. 2; the first was a test run, and I was able to figure out all the icky stuff, I wouldn't want a partner to be. DH#2, is mild tempered and just caters to my every whim. Perfect! <img src="http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6lQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxWtUq4PJ-0frj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQQnxoGaxaQaxv8uOc5xQQQJGonnneaooqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXoQ0%7CRup6aQQ%7C/of=50,332,442"> The OTHER kids: We have a shih-poo doggy named Buster (aka Budda, Butterbean, Butter) and two cats, a large, fluffy grey & white named Oliver, he's a complete sucky-baby. And, his sister (dominator) princess Olivia. Miss "O" runs the house. <img src="http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp3%3C%3A%3Evq%3D323%3B%3E48%3A%3E%3A3%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323684%3C%3B%3C%3A4%3A4vq0mrj"> <img src="http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp436%3Evq%3D323%3B%3E48%3A%3E%3A3%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323684%3C%3B%3C9%3B44vq0mrj"> <img src="http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp435%3Evq%3D323%3B%3E48%3A%3E%3A3%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323684%3C%3B%3C9%3B43vq0mrj"> Participation & Awards: <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg">