Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Delicious on tacos, with chips, or as a salad dressing. You can adjust the heat to your taste either taking the jalapenos out all together or adding serranos in with the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatillos
- 1⁄2 cup white onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers (stemmed, seeded and chopped)
- Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well. Cut in half and place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place under a broiler for about 5-7 minutes to lightly blacken the skin.
- Place tomatillos, lime juice, onions, cilantro, Jalapeño peppers, sugar in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed. Season to taste with salt. Cool in refrigerator.
Very good tasting salsa and easy to make. 1/4 tsp salt worked well for me and a double recipe fit nicely into my food processor. Yay!