Chipotle Shrimp Tacos With Avocado Salsa Verde
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, quartered, seeds (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 4 medium tomatillos (about 8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder or 1 teaspoon blended chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Put the onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a food processor and finely chop.
- Add the tomatillos, avocado, and salt and pulse until chopped but still chunky.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cilantro.
- Heat a stove top or outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Mix the olive oil, chipotle or chili powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Grill the shrimp until translucent, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Grill tortillas, until slightly charred and pliable, about 20 seconds per side. (Alternatively, wrap in a damp paper towel and heat in a microwave.).
- Spoon sauce on the tortilla, then top with about 2 or 3 shrimp and a sprig of cilantro.
- Serve 2 tacos per person, with a lime wedge on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I FINALLY made this recipe last night...5 stars for "simplicity to flavor ratio." I have made many more "complicated" tacos...this was so easy and packed with flavor. I followed the recipe exactly except served diced onion on the side (instead of incorporating into the salsa) as my hubby is allergic to onion...it's a keeper!