1/4 Photos of Rice Pudding With White Wine (Sutlach Sharapli)
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Middle Eastern cuisine was entirely new to me till the ZWT last yr, but I love rice pudding & consider it the ultimate comfort food. I recently ran across this recipe by Irfan Orga from "Cooking the Middle East Way". I admit it is rich & a bit labor-intensive, but I found the prep & likely outcome intriguing. I hope you will as well. Enjoy! (Time does not include time for mixtures to cool, rest or chill under refrigeration at various stages of the prep)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2In a lrg saucepan, boil rice in plenty of water till very soft. Drain well of liquid thru a fine sieve & return rice to the pan.
- 3Add milk, light cream, butter, raisins, fine sugar & a pinch of salt.
- 4Cook over med-heat till mixture is quite thick, stirring freq to prevent burning. Remove pan from heat & allow mixture to cool.
- 5Add beaten eggs + ground almonds & stir thoroughly.
- 6Pour pudding mixture into a well-buttered shallow baking dish & cook for 30 min or till the top of the pudding is a golden brown color.
- 7Remove pudding from oven & allow to rest for 10 minutes. With a very sharp knife, cut pudding into triangular shapes in the baking dish & allow it to cool completely.
- 8Meanwhile, put the granulated sugar & wine in a heavy saucepan & boil uncovered, stirring till the sugar dissolves & a thick syrup is obtained (about 10 min).
- 9Pour the syrup over the cut rice shapes in the dish & leave it to be absorbed. Chill in refrigerator till completely cold & serve w/whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pudding With White Wine (Sutlach Sharapli)
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.1
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 206.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 11.2 g