Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is Martha Stewart's Rhubarb Crisp recipe and it's delicious !
- 2 lbs rhubarb, sliced crosswise 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine the rhubarb, 1 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup flour; set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine remaining 1/2 cup flour and the butter.
- Pulse until the butter pieces are the size of coarse oats.
- Add brown sugar, oatmeal, and cinnamon.
- Pulse to combine.
- Sprinkle over rhubarb.
- Bake until rhubarb is tender and topping is golden, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
I thought it was perfect. I used an 8" square pan and I am glad I did its a little thicker that way. I liked the ratio of fruit to topping. My husband thought there was not enough topping. He likes a ridiculous amount of topping though. He was a little disappointed but I think its because he prefers apple crisp to rhubarb. If you are a rhubarb fan though I think this is amazing.
So good!! I halved the recipe and baked for 33 minutes to perfection. I used all whole wheat flour. Just so you knowit is approx 6 cups in 2 lbs of chopped rhubarb.
Mmmm....mmm!! This was so delicious! I had picked and chopped some rhubarb from our yard and tossed it in the freezer to have on hand for later, but then I found this recipe. I pulled the rhubarb out the night before and whipped this up in no time the next morning, using 1.75 lbs. of rhubarb. It was really the perfect balance of sweet and sour. Loved it topped with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for sharing this quick and delicious keeper recipe!