Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A hearty red soup with kielbasa, cabbage and lots of good flavors. Even better the next day.
Make and share this Red Cabbage and Sausage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Chop the cabbage into 2 inch chunks.
- Cut the kielbasa into coin size pieces.
- Chop the vegetables (green pepper and onion).
- Drain the beans and rinse.
- Brown the sausage, peppers, onions and garlic in a large soup kettle.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, seasonings and chicken broth and mix well.
- Add the cabbage and cover the kettle and cook on medium heat until the cabbage starts to wilt.
- Turn the heat to medium low and simmer with the cover on for 45 minutes to an hour.
- When the cabbage is tender and the flavors have blended to your taste serve with a rustic bread and enjoy!
Very filling, yummy soup. We had some red cabbage in the garden we needed to use up and couldn't find a recipe that didn't use vinegar and/or apples that left a "pickled" taste. This one sounded perfect. We added a can of dark kidney beans and a can of mixed veggies for a little more color and variety but otherwise made as directed. Will make this again.