Polish Sausage and Cabbage Soup/Crock Pot
For all of us Crock pot lovers...who like to come home from work...with dinner waiting! I have not tried this yet, posted for Zaar World Tour 2005
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 15mins
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed and peeled
- 4 cups cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (packaged)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 lb Polish sausage, cooked, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- Place potatoes, coleslaw mix, onion, caraway seeds and sausage in crock pot. Pour broth over all.
- Cover; cook on low for 10 - 12 hours or high for 5 - 6 hours.
- Ladle in bowls.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Instead of the coleslaw mix, I used 1/2-3/4 lg. head of cabbage, diced baby carrots, 1 heaping T. Tone's Chicken Base, 3 potatoes and 2-14 oz. packages of Kielbasa. My slower cooker was filled to the top with meat and veggies. I still used only 4 c. of broth and it made more juice as it cooked. DELICIOUS! My husband kept on commenting on how good this was!! Thanks for posting!