- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, cut up
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves or 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 12" nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently,until light brown.
- Stir in broth; heat to boiling.
- Stir in rice; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer without stirring 10 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus,Canadian Bacon and basil.
- Cover and simmer without stirring 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.