1/1 Photo of Quick Chicken Risotto
An easy, satisfying dinner. Leftover ham can be used if Canadian Bacon is not available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, cut up
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves or 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Spray 12" nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- 2Cook chicken in skillet 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently,until light brown.
- 3Stir in broth; heat to boiling.
- 4Stir in rice; reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer without stirring 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in asparagus,Canadian Bacon and basil.
- 7Cover and simmer without stirring 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- 8Remove from the heat.
- 9Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 942.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 27.5 g