Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My girlfriend sent me this recipe and everyone who tries it loves it!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9 by 13 pan with wax paper.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon. Pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mix. Sprinkle nuts over cake. Spoon melted butter over above. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Test for doness.
- Cool l5-20 minutes before inverting. Cool completely .
- Mix topping ingredients well, frost cooled cake. Spoon some nuts on top.
This is the exact same recipe i use except i use a 29 oz can of pumpkin and walnuts instead of pecans. For those who havent tried or made pumpkin crunch yet, your missing out! Best recipe!!
OMG! Can I give it more than 5 stars? I've had a can of pumpkin lurking in my pantry for over a year. But, the expiration date isn't until 2010! This stuff can last forever. This cake is so delicious. It's like a varaition of a dump cake. It was so easy and didn't leave me with a difficult to clean pan because of the wax paper. It's delicious without the topping. I really think that it would stand alone fine without the topping. I used reduced sugar yellow cake mix and fat free evaporated milk and 1/3 less fat cream cheese. I cut the edges straight before frosting it. I'm actually sitting here now eating a bowl of the cut off edges. Thanks for such a delicious way to use pumpkin. I'll be making this in the future instead of pumpkin pies
I just made this and it is to die for!!! very,very tasty!!! Jeannie