Recipe by slickchick
My girlfriend sent me this recipe and everyone who tries it loves it!
Top Review by amaris mom
This is the exact same recipe i use except i use a 29 oz can of pumpkin and walnuts instead of pecans. For those who havent tried or made pumpkin crunch yet, your missing out! Best recipe!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9 by 13 pan with wax paper.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon. Pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mix. Sprinkle nuts over cake. Spoon melted butter over above. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Test for doness.
- Cool l5-20 minutes before inverting. Cool completely .
- Mix topping ingredients well, frost cooled cake. Spoon some nuts on top.