Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is like pumpkin bread with frosting...YUM! My little ones call it "punkin" cake and they love it. It is pretty easy to make and I don't know many people who don't absolutely love it!
Top Review by P.J.
I liked this recipe, my family didn't care for the cream cheese icing. The next time I make it I will top it with a whpped topping. I give it 5 stars, my family only 3 so we compromised. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4-2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat pumpkin, sugar, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients, except nuts (if using) and gradually add to pumpkin mixture, beating until well blended.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan/dish.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until center tests done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- (I keep mine in the pan-- I use a glass Pyrex baking pan).
- For the frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add milk and beat until frosting is the spreading consistency you desire.
- Frost cake and sprinkle with chopped nuts if you like.