1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
This is like pumpkin bread with frosting...YUM! My little ones call it "punkin" cake and they love it. It is pretty easy to make and I don't know many people who don't absolutely love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Beat pumpkin, sugar, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add eggs and mix well.
- 4Combine dry ingredients, except nuts (if using) and gradually add to pumpkin mixture, beating until well blended.
- 5Fold in nuts.
- 6Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan/dish.
- 7Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until center tests done.
- 8Cool completely before frosting.
- 9(I keep mine in the pan-- I use a glass Pyrex baking pan).
- 10For the frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- 11Gradually add sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
- 12Add milk and beat until frosting is the spreading consistency you desire.
- 13Frost cake and sprinkle with chopped nuts if you like.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.2
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 304.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g