Recipe by PanNan
This recipe is from a cookbook called Scandinavian Feasts by Beatrice Ojakangas. According to the author, this recipe is a Scandinavian favorite - each region, and each chef has their own variation. For example, in Southern Sweden, they often add sauteed yellow onion.
- 10 small potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh herb, finely chopped (dill, parsley, or chives, for example)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2" cubes. Melt butter in heavy skillet. Add potato cubes, and saute until they start to look translucent.
- Pour cream over potatoes, and add salt.
- Blend the ingredients well, and cover. Cook over low heat until the potatoes are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, and serve hot.