Scallops in Garlic Cream Sauce
I didn't really get this recipe from anyone, it's just (for as long as I can remember) one of the basic ways that I have always prepared scallops. It's easy, quick to prepare and the sauce really complements the scallops. I've prepared this with and without the wine (on those rare occasions when I happened to be out of my favorite white wine), and it is just as delicious either way. That's why I listed that ingredient as optional.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb scallops
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 scallions or 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat; add the garlic, parsley, scallions (or green onions), wine, salt and pepper. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the scallops; simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove cover; stir in the cream. Continuing heating, but do not boil, stirring constantly until sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve immediately while scallops are hot. Spoon excess sauce from pan and drizzle it over the scallops.