Recipe by *Parsley*
An easy baked fish recipe. Coating gets a little crunchy.
Top Review by bpd2222
I'd give it a 5 but this recipe lacks oil or butter which makes the coating crispy in oven and not a dry flaky mess. I have made this for 30 years but I mix with Panko and you must give them a healthy spray or drizzle of butter or oil on both sides after breading. Otherwise they do not taste right and the texture is not that good.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb tilapia fillets or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cod fish fillets or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb any mild white fish fillet
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Lightly grease a 13" x 9" (or larger) baking dish.
- Combine salt, pepper and flour together in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In a sperate shallow bowl, combine potato flakes, parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic powder.
- Dip each fish fillet into flour mixture, then dip each into beaten eggs, then coat each with potato flake mixture.
- Arrange in a prepared baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 until golden and flaky, about 20 minutes.