Healthy Baked Potato Chip Fish
Baked walleye, perch, pike, cod or haddock breaded with crispy low-fat potato chips and baked to yummy perfection! So good and good for you!
- Ready In:
- 1 1 lb cod fish fillets or 1 lb haddock fillet
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat potato chips, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine potato chips, parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic powder, pepper.
- Dip fish in milk, then with the potato chip mixture.
- Sprinkle a greased 8-inch square baking dish with crumbs; drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered at 500 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Used this recipe to prepare Walleye for my mom, dad, husband, & sister last night & it was awesome! Even my dad, a devout fried-fish devotee, couldn't stop raving about it. I followed the recipe exactly except I omitted the thyme because I didn't have any. I will definitely make this again & I look forward to trying this recipe with other types of fish. Thanks KadesMom!
This was a delicious and unusually way to prepare some walleye we had in our fridge. My mom is on a diet where she can't have potatoes or white bread yet so I didn't add them to her fish. I think the combination of spices with the chips was really great. But you really should make sure to crush them really well in order to get some chips on the other side of the fish. For the bigger chunks, just pile them on top. Thanks for this delicious meal that I will definitely use on other fish as well!