Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
A very good potato soup. I stumbled across this when I was looking through a cookbook that I had received for free.
Top Review by chef and mom of 2
Very easy soup to make and very tasty. My husband loved it, there were no leftovers. I added about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of half & half to make it creamy and it was delicious. For the creamy version the only thing I would change for next time is to put the basil & oregano in a bouquet garnis so the soup doesn't have the seasoning specks on it.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a large saucepan until crisp.
- Then add onions and garlic cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for cheese and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes and once done, remove bay leaves.
- Garnish with cheese.