Good potato soup on a cold night. Can be doubled and more.
- Ready In:
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 celery ribs
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cream or chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- chop onions and celery.
- Saute these ingredients in 1 1/2 tablespooons of butter.
- Add boiling water, enough to cover.
- Add salt and bay leaf.
- Boil the veggies until the potatoes are tender.
- remove bay leaf.
- Put them through a ricer or blender.
- Beat into the potato mixture 2 tablespoons butter.
- Thin the soup with your choice of milk, cream or chicken stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add worcestershire sauce.
- stir and bring to near boil.
- Serve garnished with parsley and chives.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Flavor was a bit lacking. Maybe I processed it a bit too long, but shouldn't have tasted any different. Also, I noticed something red or orange in the picture, but nothing similar in the ingredients. Guess I just love the flavor of some bacon or sausage in potato soup and prefer the old fashioned chunky variety.