Cream of Potato and Vegetable Soup
I made this potato soup for a family get-together and people were scraping the bottom of the pot. It is very good and easy to put together. I used milk to keep it more healthy, but I'm sure the half-and-half would make it even better.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package green giant young tender frozen mixed vegetables, in butter sauce
- Melt margarine in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Stir in onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add broth, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, combine flour and half-and-half; mix well.
- Stir into potato mixture; add frozen vegetables.
- Cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and soup is throughly heated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I made this potato soup for a family get-together and people were scraping the bottom of the pot. It is very good and easy to put together. I used milk to keep it more healthy, but I'm sure the half-and-half would make it even better."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great soup! I added a little thyme and red pepper for spice, but otherwise kept pretty much to the recipe. I always use fresh veggies and not frozen, so I didn't need as long a cooking time when adding those. I also needed to add more broth at first since it kept evaporating before the potatoes were tender! And DEFINITELY with cheese, hands down, but yummy all the same! Thanks, Chris!Reply
see 11 more