Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a family favorite. We serve it with a plain white rice that will absorb the delicious sauce....finger licking. Sometimes we decorate the platter with whole boiled eggs.
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, with the shell & deveined
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle beer
- oil (enough to cover the base of the pan)
- In a large frying pan with oil, saute the onions and garlic for several minutes. Add all of the spices, parsley, chicken bouillon, tomato paste, pepper sauce, and half of the beer and let the sauce simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once simmered, add the shrimp and remaining beer. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings to suite your taste. Once the sauce has been absorbed by the shrimp and the shrimp have turned pink, remove from the pan and serve.
I like my shrimp spicy, so I add extra hot sauce to my plate. Oh soooo good.