Jim Beam's BBQ Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup jim beam Bourbon
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In medium sauce pan combine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Let cool down to room temperature before putting in a bottle and putting in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this tonight and it didn't thicken. The flavor is very delicious but it was way thinner than a BBQ sauce should be. I tried to add more brown sugar in hopes that it would do the trick but it didn't. I ended up adding Wondra and it finally thickened and was very good on our burgers. I'm hoping that the Wondra doesn't cause the remaining sauce to gel up in the refrigerator. I will update.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i live in iowa my day job is plumbing and heating chef by nite lol i like hunting fishing and of course cooking