Easy Spicy Shrimp
This shrimp recipe is wonderful -- and that is saying something coming from me because I am not a big fan of spicy. It is NOT that spicy, in fact DH did not even come close to breaking a sweat which is how he gauges how spicy something is. You can always cut down on the amount of red pepper flakes if you want.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- i pound large shrimp, cleaned, deveined and tails removed
- Mix together the water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, red pepper flakes, and ground ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the green onions and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the shrimp and stir them around to coat with the oil.
- Cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through ~ just a few minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My daughter and I had this the other night and while I thought it was ok, and with some tweaking would be very good, she didn't care for it at all. Simi is spice challenged and doesn't like anything hot so I left the pepper flakes out and just put them in mine but I had to agree with her that it didn't have much flavor. (1)Reply