1/9 Photos of Pork Chops With Caramelized Onion-Mushroom Sauce
8 hrs 15 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Lip-smackin'-good. Crock-pot-easy. Diner-pleaser. Nice presentation. Is there anything better? NAAAAAAAH. Caroline's note: Lots of people don't use Bay Leaf; however, it adds tremendously to this dish; just don't forget to take it out before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork chops
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced and separated
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup half-and-half (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1Season chops with flour, salt and pepper.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat; sauté chops until golden brown.
- 4Add onions and lightly brown.
- 6Add 1 tablespoons unsalted butter; when melted, add mushrooms. Remove and de-glaze skillet with 1/3 cup beef broth or wine, if preferred.
- 7Pour remaining beef broth into crock pot.
- 8Add sauce from skillet, Worcestershire and spices; add chops, onions and mushrooms.
- 9Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7-8 hours, until very tender.
- 10EXTRACT BAY LEAF.
- 11Turn temperature to HIGH; add 1 tablespoons butter.
- 12Mix cornstarch with Half and Half.
- 13Whisk to blend well. Add to crock pot and whisk.
- 14Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes(depending on sauce thickness preferred).
- 15Serve over cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Caramelized Onion-Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.4
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 139.2 mg
- Sodium 496.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 42.3 g