Caramelized Onion, Mushroom and Bulgur Pilaf
- Ready In:
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring broth, bulgur and water to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until bulgur is tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until spinach wilts, about 1 minute more.
- Spoon bulgur into skillet; stir over low heat until well-combined.
Join The Conversation