- 1 1⁄2 lbs purple plums, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 cup blueberries (5 ounces)
- 1 cup blackberry (5 ounces)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar (depending on sweetness of fruit)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into bits and softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in upper third.
- Toss together all filling ingredients in a 2-quart shallow baking dish and bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together all topping ingredients in a bowl with your fingertips until butter is evenly distributed and mixture is crumbly.
- Stir fruit filling, then sprinkle oat mixture over it and bake until topping is crisp and golden and fruit is bubbling, about 30 minutes.