Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine, August 2007.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs purple plums, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 cup blueberries (5 ounces)
- 1 cup blackberry (5 ounces)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar (depending on sweetness of fruit)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into bits and softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in upper third.
- Toss together all filling ingredients in a 2-quart shallow baking dish and bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together all topping ingredients in a bowl with your fingertips until butter is evenly distributed and mixture is crumbly.
- Stir fruit filling, then sprinkle oat mixture over it and bake until topping is crisp and golden and fruit is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
this is very good and definitely not your plain jane desert. i like a spoon of strawberry ice cream on top. yum :)