Summer Berry Crisp
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven 350°F; butter a 9-inch Pyrex pie plate.
- Gently combine the berries with the sugar, flour, and the cinnamon; place in the prepared pie plate.
- Prepare the topping; Combine the oats, flour, both sugars, and salt in a bowl. Use a pastry blender or 2 knives to work until topping resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove the crisp to a rack to cool slightly. Serve in desert bowls with whipped cream or ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a delicious crisp Colleen. It was perfect, the right ratio of fruit, sugars, flour and cinnamon. Beautifully cooked, just the way I like it. When the fruit starts to turn into a jam like texture, so yummy. My dh has stated that this is the best crisp that I have made to date. High praise indeed. He would not share with the neighbors, wanted it all for himself...of course he had to share it with me. It was wonderful, the flavor and texture were spot on. I used wild jumble berries in this crisp. A mixture of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and black berries. Made exactly as written. Into my keeper box this recipe goes. Thank you so much for sharing it. Made for Spring Pac/2012.
I made this as instructed using all blueberries (6 c.). I also put the juice of half a lemon in the filling because I love blueberry-lemon flavor. For the topping, I omitted the sugar (using only 1/2c. brown sugar), it was plenty sweet. I finished the topping with a good sprinkle of cinnamon before placing in the oven. It was really delicious. Can't wait to make it this summer with fresh raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries!
see 2 more reviews