Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
This is a very easy recipe that happens to be both gluten and lactose free. I tried this recipe with some windfall oranges that were still not ripe enough to eat and it turned out great.
Top Review by madison signe
This recipe came out more like bread. It was good, but the pistachios gave it a funny taste. It was defianately difficult to follow for an American. I had to guess how much sugar to put in because I don't weigh my food, I measure it with a measuring cup. My oven is only in degrees F. So it was definately a challenge, and I might not put it on my keep list.
- 3 lemons, organic and untreated
- 300 g pistachios, shelled
- 200 g sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the whole lemons in boiling water for 1 hour.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C Grease and line a 22cm cake tin with baking paper Drain the lemons and Cool.
- Cut the cooked lemons in half and remove the pips.
- Puree in a blender until smooth.
- Blanch ( boil) 200g of the pistaccios in boiling water for 30 seconds then blend with the other 100g.
- Sererate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar until light then fold in the pistaccio cream, the lemon cream and baking powder.
- whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt till stiff. Fold into the lemon pistacchio mixture.
- Pour th emixture int th eprepared cake tin and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool, remove from cake tin and dust lightly with icing sugar. Decorate with some candied peel.