Banana IceBox Pudding Cake (Gluten and Lactose Free)
photo by bakedapple42
- Ready In:
1 8 x 8 square pan
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant pudding mix (gluten free)
- 2 1⁄2 cups lactose-free milk (two percent)
- 1 1⁄2 cups lactose-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) box gluten-free graham crackers
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- Divide the contents of the box of gluten-free graham crackers in half. Use half to line the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch square pan.
- Place the other half of the graham crackers into a ziploc bag and crush them. A rolling pin works well for this but be careful not to break open the bag. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the pudding mix, milk, yogurt, vanilla, and nutmeg. Whisk for two minutes until thickened.
- Spread just enough pudding to cover over the graham crackers in the bottom of your pan. Top with half of the sliced bananas.
- Spread more pudding over the bananas, just enough to cover them. Then sprinkle half of the crushed graham crackers evenly over top.
- Top with the remaing half of banana slices. Then spread remaining pudding over bananas. Sprinkle remaining graham cracker crumbs over top.
- Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Even better if made the night before.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to bake and cook new recipes. I also like to create my own recipes from scratch. Having a large family means I'm always looking for easy,inexpensive,and healthy meals to serve.