Peach Pudding Cake (Gluten-Free)
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free flour (or 1/4 cup almond meal and 1/2 cup coconut flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk or 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 lb peach, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon kirsch, Cointreau (optional) or 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb peach, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional) or 4 tablespoons shredded coconuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC degrees. Shift the first 7 dry ingredients.
- Combine almond or soy milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- Purée the diced peaches in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir in the milk mixture.
- Beat butter and sugar using electric beaters or a stand mixer until fluffy.
- Add an egg and beat again.
- Add peach mixture and liquor (optional) and beat until blended.
- Fold flour mixture into peach/milk mixture.
- Layer sliced peaches in a greased 8 x 8 inch (20 cm) square pan.
- Pour batter over sliced peaches in the pan and top with almond slices or shredded coconuts (optional).
- Place the pan in a large roasting pan.
- Add boiling water to the roasting pan to a depth of an inch (2.5 cm).
- Carefully place the pan in the oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until set in the center.
- Infuse love and serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!