Easiest Amaretti Cookies Ever
photo by Suzy mom to 2
- Ready In:
25 small cookies
- Stir sugar and egg white until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in amond flour and almond essence, but be careful: this mixture is too tough for a handmixer! I just dump everything in my bread machine and run the 'dough' program for a while until the dough is mixed evenly. A good food processor might do the job too ;-) Or just mix it thoroughly with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the mixture into a cookie press to shape small round cookies or use a small ice cream scoop to form little balls.
- Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on greased cookie sheet or silpat.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 300, place on lowest rack setting in your oven for the first 10 minutes.
- Cookies are done when they start to turn lightly golden. They will be chewy right after baking but will become very crisp overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to cook and bake, always have. Our toddler DD is gluten and lactose intolerant and mom just can't stomach the idea that a lifelong gluten free or dairy free diet would simply mean settling for less. Finding yummy recipes that work therefor make me very happy, and ever so grateful for a site like this!!!