Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm sure this recipe has to be on here somewhere already - but I couldn't be bothered sifting through the 6000+ sauage rolls recipes to find it! Everyone in my family has their version of these sauage rolls - the recipe may have come from an Australian Women's Weekly cookbook I suspect. So here goes - it's great for kids and reigning the budget in!
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius Cover 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Grate onion and apple together (use food processor!), put in large bowl with all other ingredients. Mix with hands until well combined.
- Divide meat mix evenly between pastry sheets. Press down with hands until each sheet is evenly covered. Roll up from any side to make a long sauage shape. Cut each into 12. Place each pinwheel upright, with the loose end of pastry up, on baking trays - at least 3cms apart.
- Bake 20mins or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
Wow, what nice sausage rolls! Lots of flavour, the apple is such a good addition. I made half the recipe but should have stuck to the whole amount, these were gone in a trice, and nothing to give away to friends (the girls boyfriends :) ). These will be on the baking rota again next weekend! Thanks, mummy-meeg, really enjoyed this recipe, made for Bargain Basement tag game.