Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Cottage cheese, pineapple, and whipping cream. I've substituted Cool Whip for the whipping cream.
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple, reserve liquid
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert, the big guy
- 12 marshmallows, large
- 2 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 2 cups Cool Whip or 1 cup cream, whipped
- Add water to liquid from pineapple to make 2 cups liquid.
- Combine with sugar and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve Jell-O and marshmallows in boiling liquid.
- Chill until partially set.
- Stir in pineapple and cottage cheese.
- Fold in Cool Whip or 1 cup cream whipped.
- Put in mold.
- Chill overnight.
I'm a Jell-O lover from way back, so this recipe was right down my alley, although I don't think I've ever had one that included melted marshmallows, which in my opinion made this salad outstanding! Will be keeping this one around to make again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This strawberry jello salad is very good. The combination of strawberry jello with pineapple, cottage cheese and cool whipped are delicious. I did not have large marshmallows in my pantry, so i used 1/2 cup marshmallow cream. Thanks Dienia. I tagged this good recipe for THINK PINK RECIPE TAG EVENT - OCTOBER 2011.
This definitely gets 5 stars for taste. But my salad didn't mold well, it was more like a dense pudding. So I served it that way. No one knew it was supposed to be a molded salad, and they loved it. I've been making Jell-O since I was a teen-ager, so I'm not sure what went wrong with this recipe, since it's not that difficult to prepare. Maybe I miscalculated the amount of liquid. Made for 2013 Think Pink tag game (for breast cancer awareness month).