Molded Lime-Pineapple Salad
photo by berry271
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve syrup)
- Pour boiling water on gelatin in bowl, stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple syrup to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin. Chill until thickened but not set.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Pour into 4 to 6 individual molds or one 4-cup mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Place 2 servings on lettuce and top each with mayonnaise.
- Can also serve as a dessert by topping with whipped topping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Took to a carry-in on Sunday evening. Pretty standard for jello salad, but it was gone at the end of the evening. I did not mold the salad, just let it set up in a Corningware dish and served it in that. I also did not top it with mayo or cool whip. Nothing spectacular, but good, and simple to put together.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Jill. When I discovered Recipezaar, and that you can 'sort' recipes by 'rating' it really got my attention. I am building a collection of five star (rated by 100 or more users on this site) :) recipes. This is quite an improvement over frozen entrees from the microwave for lunch!!! I tell everyone I can about this site, so they can reap the benefits too!