Green Stuff (Lime Jello, Cream Cheese, Pineapple, Cool Whip)
This recipe has been in our family forever. It can be made in many different variations. Cottage cheese instead of or in addition to cream cheese. Crushed pears or mandarin oranges in place of pineapple. The amount of ingredients seem to not matter much because I often forget how much jello or cream cheese, etc to use but it always tastes great. The only word of caution is NEVER use fresh pineapple in jello because it will not gel.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup ice cube (optional)
- 1 (5 ounce) package Jello gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- Dissolve jello in hot water. If in a hurry add ice cubes to set a litte faster.
- Mix cream cheese and pineapple in large bowl.
- Add jello.
- Beat until blended.
- Add Cool Whip or any whipped topping and beat for 2 minutes or well blended.
- Pour into large glass pan or bowl and chill at least four hours. I've been known to use the freezer when in a hurry and it works out fine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What I ended up with was really good! That being said, there were modifications made. First of all, I've never seen a 10-oz. can of pineapple, nor a 5-oz. box of Jell-O! So I decided to use a standard 20-oz can of pineapple and a large box (6 ozs) of Jell-O. I pretty much made it according to Sandy M.'s comment.. just mixed in the dry Jell-O when the pineapple was added. Worked out well. I chilled it in a mold but being a creamy mixture I was concerned that it may not be firm enough to mold but it did though not firm. I will experiment with different flavors and add-ins. I will try to upload my photo of it.1Reply
I've been making this for years. I do not dissolve the jello at all. I use two packs of jello, one can crushed pineapple.. juice drained, 1 to two packs of cream cheese mixed the jello with the cream cheese with a mixer, add in pineapple and some cool whip. some people add coconut and or marshmallows, I usually don't it gets firm as you mix it. adding water is something I do not do I think it delutes it. Just how I do it2Replies 1