Recipe by Olive*
Here is a cake for your sweet tooth. I got this recipe from a co-worker in the 1970's. It is a rich, moist and delicious sheet cake. Serving size varies.
Top Review by Barb in WNY
I made this for PAC Spring '09. I didn't use the 1 cup pecans because my husband doesn't like them. This is very good similar in taste tp pineapple upside down cake but easier to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, juice & all
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a jelly roll pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the flour, soda, and pineapple; mix well. Pour batter into the greased jelly roll pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and nuts.
- Sprinkle on top of the unbaked cake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and pour on the topping while the cake is still hot.
- To make the Topping:.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar, & evaporated milk and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour on cake while cake is still hot.
- Cake is good warm or cold.