Creme Brulee Sheet Cake
Two desserts combine to make a creamy cake.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups unsalted butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 12 large eggs
- 6 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 18 x 13 inch rimmed sheet tray.
- Using a hand mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients in two batches alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared sheet tray and spread to an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool fully.
- Spread the pudding on top of the cake. Sprinkle an even layer of sugar on top of the cake being sure to cover the entire surface. Give the pan a shake to help evenly distribute the sugar.
- Using a blowtorch melt the sugar on top. Alternatively, broil the cake in the oven being sure to watch carefully so as not to burn.
- Slice and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION