White Texas Sheet Cake
Really incredible. The best when served warm. Bring this to lots of potlucks.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until cake is golden brown and tests done.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, combine butter and milk in a saucepan; Bring to a boil; remove from heat; add sugar and extract and mix well.
- Stir in walnuts; spread over warm cake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was looking for a white chocolate Texas sheet cake but saw the image of this cake and had all the ingredients. I was amazed just how easy this recipe was to make. The cake turned out really moist, and I loved the hint of the almond flavor. The icing definitely needs to go on a warm cake, as mine was almost too cool. This cake is definitely something I will make often. I won’t tweek the cake recipe it was perfect but I might cut the powder sugar down a bit. Sitting her writing this I can’t help but to wonder how this would be with a raspberry extract, hum....Reply
This is the most AMAZING cake! Have made at least a dozen times but never with given icing recipe. Changed a tad following other reviews: 2 1/2 cups flour, only 3/4 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar, added 1 teaspoon baking powder. Have made with almond and vanilla, depending on what we were in the mood for. Makes the BEST cake bottom for coffe cake! Have also topped with whipped cream and traditional buttercream frosting. SO versatile, but I've gotten rave reviews everytime I make it! Thanks!Reply
see 107 more