White Texas Sheet Cake
This is a spin-off of the famous chocolate Texas Sheet Cake. Just as fabulous w/an almondy taste.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- In a large pan bring to a boil 1 cup butter and 1 cup water.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Mix the remainder of the ingredients together and pour into a 10x15 cookie sheet pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes until cake is golden.
- Cool 20 minutes maximum before frosting.
- Bring to a boil 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup milk.
- Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar, almond, and nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was worried that this cake was going to be too flat with no baking powder, but it turned out perfect. It is simple, but tastes amazing. The almond flavor was even stronger the next day and tasted great. We will absolutely have this cake again. I didn't have time to make the frosting this time. I just used ready-made frosting. I think it's easy to make variations on this cake like using orange or lemon zest.Reply
Rich and moist, and the only thing I did different was to use 'Light" sour cream as that is what I had open. I made 1/2 the frosting recipe and that still made a lot of frosting. I sprinkled the top with slivered almonds. This is very easy to make, so I'll make it again when I need something fast. Made for *Adopt A Tag II Fall 2008* gameReply
see 8 more