Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
Cute little muffins from Robin Hood. Taste like pina coladas!! :) Made 36 mini-muffins out of this recipe - I used real rum (as I didn't have any extract...!)
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine first 5 dry ingredients.
- Beat remaining ingredients together in large bowl until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350ºF for 18 - 23 minutes, or until golden.
What a GREAT way to start the day! I'm laughing right now, as I review the recipe...just realized I left out the egg! Now I wonder how much even BETTER they would've been with "all" the ingredients!? We were out of sour cream, too, so I subbed in vanilla yogurt (Friday is shopping day for me). I also have a very neat substitution, I use "pine-ini" in place of the pineapple .... that is, a pineapple and zucchini mixture (canned) that is JUST like pineapple if you don't think about it too hard. [I'm going to post that recipe right after I finish this review] Anyway...brandy extract works pretty well for rum, too (not being a "purist" helps!). We loved these, and topped 'em off with a mango-banana/leftover-pine-ini ice cream smoothie (for BREAKFAST!?). A great fruity combination!