Spicy Carrot Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups Robin Hood all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated peeled carrots
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine flour, sugar, raisins, walnuts, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt in a large bowl. Stir Well.
- Beat carrots, eggs and oil. Add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring until just moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling 3/4 full for regular muffins, or full for large sized muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes for regular muffins, or 27 miniutes for large muffins or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- May omit nuts.
- May replace carrots with shredded zucchini.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!