Pina Colada Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from Diane Mott Davidson's culinary mystery "Sweet Revenge." She recommends adding 1 tbsp flour for high altitude. These are very good and the batter made 14 muffins instead of 12!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 6 ounces dried pineapple, 12 pieces
- 1 cup rum
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange zest, finely minced
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple and rum. Bring to a boil then take off of the heat and soak for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the top of muffin tin and place paper liners in the cups.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with a mixer on medium until creamy. Add sugar gradually until light.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- On low speed, add sour cream, zest, and vanilla. Mixture may look curdled.
- Gently add the flour mixture plus the pineapple and coconut, stirring just enough to combine.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION